In our Open Door Student ministry we want to help students begin and deepen their relationship with Christ, and experience God’s presence.
Register for Wednesday nights.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT GATHERING:
During the school year our typical Wednesday night looks like this:
6:30pm - Building opens for hangout time with youth group friends
- 7-8:45pm - middle school and high school gather and we teach from a biblical text, share faith stories and engage in spiritual practices together. There is also a time where students hang with their teams and team leaders to go deeper with the bible story, share about their lives, and pray with one another.
- 8:45-9pm - students are welcome to stay, chat and catch up with friends and leaders
During the summer we do our Wednesday night ministry at a variety of locations. Download the summer schedule here.
To receive information about summer gatherings through email updates or text, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get you added.
For summer Wednesdays we are located at the church, here's what to expect:
- 7pm - meet at the pond side of Open Door. Check-in with Tom, Kristine or Allison.
- 7:15-8:45pm - large games and shenanigans
- 8:45-9pm - chat and catchup with friends and leaders
Friends and neighbors are ALWAYS welcome to come with students to Wednesday nights! When you arrive during the school year, just come see us at our “New Student” table so we can welcome them, tell them what they need to know for the night, get them connected to leaders and peers! During the summer, bring them to Tom, Allison, or Kristine, who will welcome them, tell them what they need for the night and get them connected.
WEDNESDAY SERVICE NIGHTS
We believe that as we follow Jesus more and more closely, we receive the example and invitation to serve and love others. So, as a youth group, we have made setting aside time to serve together a priority!
Service nights are held from 6:15-9pm on the first Wednesday of the month from November-May. Groups meet at church and are transported to various service sites. Many powerful experiences of faith come from seeing and entering into the needs of others. Students will engage with issues of poverty, educational gaps, people with physical and mental disabilities, and more. Some projects are fun and exciting, others are less glamorous. God can use us in them all!
Special events are also held throughout the year - some on Wednesday nights, some scheduled for other times. The much anticipated fall and winter retreats are open to all students to attend.
We know that God has put many gifts in our students and that they have much to share, especially within our church family. There are several ways for students to engage on Sunday mornings in the life of our church!
- Serve - We encourage our students to use their gifts and passions to serve the ministries of our church family! On Sundays there are a variety of opportunities to serve from welcoming people, to serving coffee, to playing with and loving younger kids! You can find more info about our volunteer opportunities on the Dream Team page.
Gather - Church gatherings are for everyone in our church family! We encourage students to sit with family, friends or leaders from youth group. You can also watch online if you can’t make it in-person. No matter how old you are, God can speak to you and it’s good to be together as a church family in worship.
Grow - Throughout the year some classes or groups will be offered for students who want to go deeper in their faith and grow in their relationship with Jesus around topics of various interests. They will be offered in scheduled sessions. Email email@example.com for more information or to get on the email list to learn about these opportunities.
QUESTIONS ABOUT OPEN DOOR STUDENTS?
Want to serve with Student ministry? Have fun activity ideas for us?
Follow us on social media!