If there are other questions you have that aren't addressed on this page, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO I NEED TO REGISTER?
YEP! We are limited to a capacity of 50% of our sanctuary so you will need to RSVP for each week you would like to attend. Registration for the following Sunday will be live on Mondays. RSVP HERE for yourself and all who are attending with you (including any children).
If services do no fill up we will also be taking walk-ups on Sunday mornings. Head to the kiosk to get registered and checked in.
Please note: By registering for an in-person weekend service, you agree to the practice of social distancing, wearing a mask, and to follow the guidelines set forth by the CDC and Church of the Open Door. While Open Door is following a strict cleaning and sanitizing procedure, you are assuming the risk of contracting COVID-19 during your visit.
WILL THERE BE SINGING?
Yes! Those who wish to sing are invited to join us in worship as they feel comfortable while wearing a mask or face covering and standing socially distant from others.
WILL THERE BE NEXT KIDS?
YES! Next Kids has Sunday programming available at both services. Spots are limited. Register your kids here for Next Gen programming and then each Sunday when you RSVP for a service let us know your kids are joining us downstairs.
WHAT ARE YOUR CLEANING PROTOCOLS BETWEEN SERVICES?
We will be wiping down all high touch surfaces between services. We will be alternating the use of seating rows in the sanctuary. Each service will have its own set of rows to avoid shared seat use.
WILL I BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK IF I ATTEND IN-PERSON?
Yes, we ask that anyone age 5+ who attends wear their mask or face covering of choice at all times. Types of face coverings can include a paper or disposable mask, a cloth mask, a neck gaiter, a scarf, a bandanna, or a religious face covering. We understand some medical and health conditions may prohibit one from wearing a mask. If that is you, you are still welcome to attend!
Masks are no one's first choice and we understand that this can feel different or awkward for some of us. Yet out of humility, care and kindness for one another we can lovingly create a safe and healthy environment that allows more people to enjoy being together by wearing them. We're aware that some of us are older and some of us have personal or family health dynamics that are immune-compromised. This is a very tangible way we can live out the "for the sake of others" piece of our vision statement. Thank you for practicing this with us as we seek to care well for one another! But again, we understand some medical and health conditions may prohibit one from wearing a mask. You are still welcome to attend!
If masks really aren't your jam, we'd love to have you join us for online services. We will be live-streaming both services.
WILL THERE BE COFFEE AVAILABLE?
Sadly, at this time we will not be reopening the Coffee Cart. We hope to bring that back soon. In the meantime, feel free to bring your own beverage in a closed container.
WHAT ARE THE SAFETY MEASURES YOU ARE TAKING FOR THE IN-PERSON EVENTS?
- Registration is required for each service and limited to 50% capacity.
- Upon arrival you will be checked in.
- We will be spread out in the sanctuary. Please leave 2-3 seats between your party and others attending.
- Masks or face coverings should be worn at all times (those with medical and health conditions are exempt).
- No food or beverages will be served at this time. Drinking fountains are also currently unavailable.
- Hand sanitizer is available around the building.
We suggest that anyone who is at elevated risk or feeling uncomfortable with large gatherings continue to attend services online. While we are observing all of the appropriate safety guidelines for worship services, there is a possibility of contracting COVID-19 while attending. Open Door is taking necessary steps to reduce the risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus and to protect those in attendance. However, we cannot guarantee we are preventing anyone from being exposed to or contracting COVID-19.
I TRIED TO RSVP AND ALL THE SERVICES WERE FULL. NOW WHAT?
No worries! You can still join us in a few other ways:
- LIVE on our Facebook page we will be streaming both the 9am and 11am services.
- The Gathering@9: We deeply value creating a space for all our people to connect on Sunday morning and, therefore, we’re going to have a “virtual church” where we watch the 9am service together and then discuss it in small groups after the service from 10-10:30. Link to join by clicking the title. Email Rose to be added to The Gathering@9 group and receive the Zoom link.
- On-Demand: Like before COVID (can you even remember what life was like then?), we will be posting our services to the website so we can watch them after the fact.
OTHER QUESTIONS? Do you have a question we didn't answer here? Email us at email@example.com.